Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Two militants killed in Tral encounter | KNO

Militants were offered surrender, they refused, says defence spokesman, It was a Clean operation, no collateral damage took place: IGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar, 80 militants killed this year so far

Published

on

kno news

Pulwama, June 02 (KNO): Two militants were killed in a fierce encounter at Saimoh, Tral in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Tuesday. A police officer told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), two militants were killed in an encounter that broke out early in the morning at Saimoh village that was cordoned by the joint teams of police, army and the CRPF in the wee hours. “In the first assault, one militant was killed and within an hour, second militant was also killed,” the officer said. Defence Spokesman in Srinagar Colonel Rajesh Kalia said that the militants were offered to surrender but they refused. He also confirmed the killing of two militants in the gunbattle. Talking exclusively to KNO, Inspector General of Police (IGP) Kashmir zone, Vijay Kumar said that two militants were killed in clean operation at Saimoh, Tral. “There was no collateral damage," he said. A police spokesman in a statement said that acting on a specific input, joint teams of security forces laid a siege at Saimoh, Tral. “During the search operation, the hiding militants fired on the joint search party. The fire was retaliated leading to an encounter,” he said. “In the ensuing encounter, two militants were killed and their bodies have been retrieved from the site of encounter. The identification and affiliations of the killed terrorists is being ascertained.” He said that besides some incriminating material arms and ammunition were also recovered from the site of gunfight that include two AK rifle, 02 Pistols, five AK magazines, two pistol magazines, 80 rounds of AK, 10 rounds of pistol and two hand grenades. “Due to efforts of the Police and security forces, it was a clean operation and no collateral damage took place during the encounter,” the spokesman said. “People are requested to cooperate with police till the area is completely sanitized and cleared of all the explosive materials, if any.” Official data reveals that this year so far, 80 militants have been killed including Hizbul Mujahideen’s Chief Operational Command Reyaz Naikoo and Hizb’s divisional commander Junaid Sehrai, in various encounters across the Valley—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Stone pelting incidents in Kashmir have come down to zero: Amit Shah | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

BJP strengthens its base in Kashmir; DDCs, BDCs, Political leaders, and former Councillors join the party | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Srinagar records 21.0°C, all-time temperature record for February shattered | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

NC ‘betrayed’ youth by outsourcing 24,000 jobs, misled on Art 370: LoP Sharma | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Staggered school timings proposed to tackle Srinagar’s peak-hour traffic congestion | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

‘International Mother Language Day’ | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Fasting promotes stem cell regeneration, helps manage metabolic disorders: Doctors | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Students at GMC Udhampur face hardships, AIMSA seeks immediate govt intervention | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

NMC approves 24 new super-specialty seats for 2025-26 academic session | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Activist M M Shuja demands stronger RTI implementation in J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Death Anniversary of Hazrat Fatima (RA): Mirwaiz urges moral revival at Naqshband Sahib | KNO

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

Police nab drug peddler in Baramulla, charas-like substance recovered | KNO

TOP STORIES11 hours ago

LoP Sharma accuses NC of deceit, alleges it outsourced 24,000 jobs in J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES12 hours ago

LG Sinha administers oath to Shantmanu as J&K State Election Commissioner | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

9 CRPF men injured as vehicle falls into canal in Srinagar | KNO

TOP STORIES1 days ago

First leg of budget session concludes

TOP STORIES1 days ago

Govt says no World Bank-assisted funds allocated for tourism development

Copyright © 2021